Friday, March 23, 2012

Hip Mama Diaper Bag

  I have more bags, diaper bags and purses than I'd like to admit.  Unfortunately, none of them have enough pockets to accommodate our medical equipment.  One fine day while admiring creations by my favorite DIY girls, I came across a link to THIS  fabulous tutorial.  This bag has a front flap with magnetic closures, 2 front pockets, 2 side pockets, 1 zipper pocket in the back and 5 inside pockets.  I added an adjustable strap and a hook for feeding bags.  I used upholstery fabric for the outer bag and quilter's cotton for the lining.  I plan to use vinyl for the lining in my next bag.  I'm SUPER excited about this!  It's big, functional, and cute enough to use as a purse. PERFECT!  
  As you can see, the lighting in my house is terrible, so, needless to say, I didn't get a shot of the details.  I don't know what the corner of the bag is doing in this picture.  It's cute, I promise. I'll upload more pictures if I can snap a few decent one's.  These really don't do justice to her amazing design and my mad sewing skills ( wink.wink).   





 











5 comments:

Emilee said...

Adorable & impressive!

Katie said...

You and Tom! Man, I've got to take some of your tutorials!

Victoria Bunnell said...

Thanks guys. I wish the color was better in the photo. the flowers are so bright in reality.

Luna said...

Awesome job! It is always nice when you can get/make what you need AND want!

Anonymous said...

How did you make the strap adjustable, I am going to be making this over the week-end. Thank yoU