Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Family walk to the waterfall!

  I instinctively want to call this a "hike", but it would be a rather pathetic one, so, lets go with "nature walk".  The kids had a great time exploring all of the what if's of  the outdoors, for example, "what if a giant bird came down and we could ride it"..." what if a bear came out of that tree?..." and so on.  Jayson confused  rock climbers with landscapers, each time he climbed a steep hill, he'd say "look mom, its just like landscaping!", I let him say it a good 5 times before I corrected him because it was really cute.  Alanah and Ashlynn would go to a look out or climb a post and exclaim to the world that they are the princesses.  Nate and I walked hand in hand and optimistically explored our ideal if / then scenarios.  It was a perfect time to de-stress and have some much needed QT with the family.






3 comments:

Katie said...

You look great, the family looks great. I'm so glad you guys found some time to do this. Evan and I love and miss you guys :)

Cammie said...

What a beautiful walk you had!

Victoria Bunnell said...

Thanks Katie. Yes it was nice and quite beautiful.