Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pie crust...check

I have tried quite a few different pie crust recipes in the last year or so, I've even tried 3 or 4 types of flour and xanthan gum concoctions to little or no avail.  Alas, my taste buds sing!   I made a delicious gluten free apple pie. I used Pamela's gluten free flour for the crust, then I found a filling recipe on the allrecipes website and altered it to my liking. It took a lot of will power for Nate and me to refrain from clearing the pie plate in one sitting.  Hooray for pie!


I've also recently made a successful graham cracker type crust using Pamela's gluten, dairy and egg free pecan cookies.  I've found that I can make almost any recipe by substituting Pamela's GF products  1/1 with little or no alterations to the original recipe.  Almost all of the GF flour mixes claim a 1/1 but this flour actually lives up to it.
note:  Coconut milk is a yummy substitute for cows milk in sweet recipes.

No comments: